Ian M. Bird
Position title: Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Phone: Uterine blood flow, eNOS
BSc (hons) 1984 Birmingham University, Birmingham, U.K.
PhD 1987 University of London, Middlesex Hospital Medical School, London, U.K.
Postdoctoral Position: University of Edinburgh, Scotland
Control of pregnancy-induced changes in cell function / endocrine signaling in response to growth factor and heptahelical receptor agonists by uterine artery endothelium. Control of adrenal zonation and function by Angiotensin II and integration of adrenal and gonadal steroidogenesis in higher mammals/humans. Gestational development of zonation and function of fetal adrenal gland in sheep and primate. Control of adrenal and gonadal steroidogenesis at the level of P450c17 vs 3BHSD expression and 17 alpha-hydroxylase vs lyase activity.
- Joined ERP Program: 1996
- OBS&GYN 710 – Reproductive Endocrine Physiology
- OBS&GYN 712 – Critical Thinking in Reproductive Endocrine Physiology
- OBS&GYN 955 – Responsible Conduct of Research for Biomedical Graduate Students
- OBS&GYN 956 – Advanced Responsible Conduct of Research for Biomedical Graduate Students
- Program Director – Endocrinology & Reproductive Physiology Program
- PI of ERP T32 Training Grant
- Chair – Endocrinology & Reproductive Physiology Program NIH T32 Predoctoral Steering Committee
- Chair – Endocrinology & Reproductive Physiology Program Student Affairs Committee
- Ex Officio Member – Endocrinology & Reproductive Physiology Program Symposium Committee
- Ex Officio Member – Endocrinology & Reproductive Physiology Program Admissions Committee
- Career Coach – TEAM Science Program, Women’s Health Center